Three out of 4 American adults are affected by Periodontal Disease.
Are you at risk for this infection? Answer the following questions and find out if you may be at risk.
- Do you smoke?
- Is your diet low in important nutrients?
- Are you pregnant?
- Do you have diabetes or heart disease?
- Are you currently taking any medications such as heart medications, antidepressants or oral contraceptives?
- Do you grind or clench your teeth?
- Do any family members have gum disease?
- Do you have bad breath?
- Are your gums red and swollen?
- Do your gums bleed when brushing or flossing?
- Are your gums pulling away from your teeth or receding?
- Are you under a great deal of stress?
- Do you have teeth that appear to be loosening?
- Have you noticed a change in the way your teeth fit together?
- Have you recently lost any teeth?
If you checked more than 2 of these questions, you may be at risk for Periodontal Disease.
Schedule a routine checkup with one of our doctors and they will measure your gum pockets and check for infection.
Would you like to review more information on Periodontal Disease before your appointment?